Commonly referred to as an ‘acca’, an accumulator bet is a form of betting that combines several bets into one multi-bet. They are essentially any type of multi-bet but usually have more selections than a double or treble.
Fans will be raring to kick-start their betting activity as the brand new season of the Premier League approaches. This football accumulator tips article is aimed to help you get the most out of your punts.
This type of betting is popular because it multiplies the odds for each selection so that the potential winnings are manifold. The huge potential returns are attractive but only because the odds are usually very long.
Some punters avoid accas because of that very reason but it doesn’t mean you have to. Our football accumulator tips are designed to advise you on how to effectively bet across all wager types.
Just approach them in the right way and you can increase your chances of success. Remember, all bets must be come in for an accumulator to be successful unless stated otherwise.
Football accumulator tips: Building an accumulator bet
You will find that accumulators are usually made of a selection of results like sides F, G, H and I to win and sides J and K to lose but accas can be built from virtually anything.
That means there is an opportunity to flex up your betting and incorporate different types of bets you feel confident in.
In recent years, both teams to score accas and more than 2.5 goals accas have grown in popularity and William Hill offers customers the option to build accumulators from any series of bets from a wide selection of different sports and event – all into one wager.
Weekend betting: Looking for value in the market
This weekend, don’t be afraid to:
- Scale down your bet if the the accumulator looks like a long shot.
- Not place all your faith in short-priced favourites. For an example, even the best football teams can slip up from time to time – both at home and away.
- Punt on only the top leagues. It can be tempting to bet blindly on Veracruz U20 v Monarcas Morelia U20 in Mexico but it’s always best to stick to what you know and avoid what you don’t.
- Vary your betting based on your sporting knowledge. You’re allowed to bet on multiple sporting events so instead of blindly lumping on another football fixture why not chuck in an outright Tennis championship if you feel comfortable?
- It takes long term betting to make a real profit. You always need to remember that if you lose a bet it’s not the end of the world – don’t go chasing your losses.
There also different types of acca wagers that differ from the formulaic lose/draw/win selections.
A BTTS (Both Teams To Score) bet is an advantageous type of bet that keeps you alive until the final minute. With a BTTS you are betting on both teams to score at least once during the game and as soon as that happens then your bet is sorted.
Even more, a BTTS accumulator will give you larger returns than a standard acca wager.
Why not place a punt on this week’s action by reading our weekly football betting tips article.
Football accumulator tips: potential results
In essence, you pick several events and cover a selection of bets.
- Tottenham to beat Manchester United at 3/1
- Everton to defeat Liverpool at 4/1
- Fulham to beat Chelsea at 3/1
- Wolves to defeat Leicester at 7/2
Pretend your stake is £10 on an accumulator bet on the teams and outcomes above. For your accumulator bet to win, you need all of your predictions to come in.
Your winnings would be calculated as follows:
• Your initial stake returns £40 from your bet on Tottenham to beat Manchester United (£30 winnings, plus your £10 stake).
• This £40 becomes your stake on the Everton vs Liverpool game, and pays out £200 (£160 winnings, plus your £40 stake).
• The £200 goes on Fulham to beat Chelsea, and when they do so it turns into £800.
• Finally, Wolves to do the business over Leicester in the Midlands derby and it’s winner, winner, chicken dinner.
You’ve just won £3,600!
Read our William Hill guide to building the perfect horse racing accumulator
Summary: different types of Acca wagers
Accumulators can be enticing but one missed bet means you lose your entire wager.
There are several different kinds of accumulator types that can provide a safety net where a normal acca cannot:
Trixie: A three selection wager that ultimately consists of four placed bets, offering high profits for comparatively low stakes.
With an accumulator, you require every bet to come in. The beauty behind a Trixie bet is that should one selection fail then a return is still guaranteed.
Read on for a guide on how Trixie betting works.
Patent: A Patent bet is a type of multiple method betting wherein seven bets are placed on three different selections.
This bet is used to cover all potential outcomes and will result in a return even if only one bet comes in.
Canadian: Five selections made up of 26 separate bets.
Heinz: Six selections made up of 57 separate bets.
Goliath: Five selections made up of 26 separate bets.
Click here for a patent bet guide explanation.
This post first appeared here
Sportnation 100% Bonus
100% bonus up to £50
- New 100% Deposit Bonus up to £50
- Use CODE: SN50NEW
- Deposit Minimum of £10.
- Enjoy SportNation Rewards