Report of fraud at Bury FC investigated
A fraud investigation has been launched involving Bury Football Club, police have confirmed.
Greater Manchester Police said it received a report of fraud on 18 June and enquiries were ongoing but no arrests had been made.
The club were expelled from the English Football League (EFL) on 27 August after a late takeover bid from C&N Sporting Risk failed.
Bury were the first club to drop out of the league since Maidstone in 1992.
The Greater Manchester club were members of the EFL for 125 years.
Timeline: Bury's EFL demise
- 30 July: EFL suspends club's first game of the season asks them to prove financial viability
- 9 Aug: Bury are given until 23:59 on 23 August to provide “clarity required” as third game is called off
- 20 Aug: Sixth Shakers game suspended, while owner Steve Dale rejects offer to buy club
- 23 Aug: Bury granted extension until 17:00 on 27 August in light of bid from C&N Sporting Risk
- 27 Aug: EFL expel Bury after C&N Sporting Risk withdraws interest
- 29 Aug: Bury claim EFL will not rescind expulsion, despite the club revealing a further £7m takeover bid
- 30 Aug: Bury write to EFL as club “actively considers” legal action
- 2 Sept: Bury North MP reveals plan to submit a proposal to the EFL by 20 September in a bid to have Bury reinstated to League Two in 2020-21
Leicester City 2, Chelsea 0 – Foxes triumph over sorry Blues
Leicester City beat Chelsea as Lampard's Blues slip to the eighth. Leicester City 2, Chelsea…
Wolverhampton 1 Everton 2 – Keane header sinks Wolves as Everton move to Top Four
2020-21 EPL match report: Wolverhampton vs. Everton - Tuesday, 12th January 2021 Wolverhampton 1 Everton…
Burnley 0 Manchester United 1 – Second-half winner from Pogba sends Red Devils to the top
2020-21 EPL match report: Burnley vs. Manchester United - Tuesday, 12th January 2021 Burnley 0…
Wolverhampton 1 Crystal Palace 0 – Adama Traore’s strike helps Wolves progress to 4th round
2020-21 FA Cup 3rd round report: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Crystal Palace. Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Crystal…
Tottenham Hotspur 2 Brentford 0 – Jose Mourinho’s Spurs progress into EFL Cup finals
Goals from Moussa Sissoko and Heung-Min Son in either halves took Tottenham Hotspur to the…
Manchester United 2 Aston Villa 1 – Bruno Fernandes penalty seals it for United
2020-21 English Premier League report: Manchester United vs. Aston Villa - Friday, 1st January December…