Jose Mourinho needs a good result. The two-all draw at Stamford Bridge was encouraging, but the Juventus defeat in midweek was a further few steps back, with United dominated almost from first whistle to last. This then, against an Everton side who have won three in a row, is really a must-win and, you suspect, a game which has to bring a certain level of a reassurance too,
Here’s the Stats Digest.
• Alexis Sanchez remains a doubt and will likely not be involved here.
• Marouane Fellaini, Scott McTominay, Jesse Lingard, Antonio Valencia and Marcos Rojo are all out.
• Everton have no fresh injury concerns and Yerry Mina and James McCarthy are both approaching a return.
• Manchester United have only lost three of their last 38 games at Old Trafford.
• Against Everton, United have lost just one of their 21 fixtures at home in all competitions.
• Everton have scored at least two goals in each of their last three matches (all victories).
• United have conceded at least two goals in each of their last three Premier League games.
• Despite his barren form, Romelu Lukaku is still his side’s top-scorer (4).
• Paul Pogba is the only one of Mourinho’s players to have provided more than one Premier League assist (2).
• Pogba is also averaging 3 shots per game, more than any other United player.
• Ashley Young is creating more chances than any of his teammates, averaging 2.8 key passes per game.
• Richarlison and Gylfi Sigurdsson have each scored 4 goals this season and are Everton’s joint top-scorers.
• Three Everton players have each provided 2 assists (Theo Walcott, Cenk Tosun, and Michael Keane).
• Sigurdsson is averaging a team-high 2.6 shots per game.
• United have averaged 54.6% possession this season, against Everton’s 51%.
• Everton have averaged more shots per game, though: 13.7 to 13.2.
• Both sides have scored 15 Premier League goals from their nine fixtures.
Everton to win: 15/4.
Gylfi Sigurdsson to score at any time: 15/4.
Both teams to score – Yes: 8/11.
Odds are provided at time of writing, please check your betslip to confirm they have not changed before betting.
The post Stats Digest: Manchester United v Everton appeared first on BetBright Blog.