Manchester United vs Istanbul Basaksehir Preview, Prediction
2020-21 UEFA Nations League, Group E preview: Manchester United vs Istanbul Basaksehir – Old Tafford – Tuesday, 24 November 2020 – 19:45 BST – Matchday 4 of 6
Manchester United vs Istanbul Basaksehir Preview
Manchester United get ready to welcome Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir to Old Trafford for a Group H fixture of the UEFA Champions League on November 24th, Tuesday.
Ole Solksjaer's Red Devils who are presently on top of a very competitive Group H, were stunned with a 1-2 loss by the Champions League debutantes in the 1st leg in Istanbul.
- The English side have bounced back from the shock and have waltzed through wins over a strong Everton side 3-1 and 1-0 over West Bromwich in the two Premier League outings that followed.
- Istanbul Basaksehir followed their sensational win over United with a 2-1 at home over lowly Genclerbirligi but succumbed to a 2-3 loss to fellow city club Besiktas last Saturday.
Manchester United form guide across all competitions:
Istanbul Basaksehir form guide across all competitions:
According to reports, Paul Pogba who had missed the game against West Brom and picked up a minor ankle injury while on international duty for France, could return for Tuesday night's Old Trafford game. Mason Greenwood and Eric Bailly look doubtful, too.
On the other hand, Basaksehir coach Okan Buruk will have to do without goalkeeper Mert Gunok and midfielder Danijel Aleksic, both having tested positive for the Covid-19 recently. Junior Caicara and Muhammed Sengezer remain long-term absentees. Mehmet Topal may replace Danijel Aleksic for Tuesday's clash, the latter having being suspended in the league.
Manchester United probable XI in a 4-2-3-1 formation:
Dean Henderson (GK), Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Axel Tuanzebe, Harry Maguire, Alex Telles; Donny van de Beek, Scott McTominay; Juan Mata, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford; Edinson Cavani/Anthony Martial.
Istanbul Basaksehir Predicted XI in a 4-2-3-1 formation:
Volkan Babacan (GK); Rafael, Martin Skrtel, Alexandru Epureanu, Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo; Mehmet Topal, Irfan Kahveci; Edin Visca, Berkay Ozcan, Deniz Turuc
Manchester United vs Istanbul Basaksehir Verdict
The visitors from Turkey could find courage in the crowdless environs of Old Trafford and cause problems for the United defense especially with the likes of Edin Visca and Demba Ba going forward.
However with Bruno Fernandes in fine form and attackers like Marcus Rashford, Edinson Cavani and Anthony Martial leading the charge upfront, the Red Devils will probably avoid an encore of the Istanbul disaster.
Keeping in mind the fact that United had whipped RB Leipzig 5-0 not very long ago at Old Trafford, there could be three potential points for the taking for the hosts at the venue on November 24th night.
Manchester United vs Istanbul Basaksehir Bookmaker odds & Predicted Scorelines
All the Bet365 odds quoted are subject to change and were correct as of 23/11/2020.
- Manchester United to win: 2/9
- Istanbul Basaksehir to win: 10/1
- Draw: 5/1
Both Teams to score
Correct Score odds
- Manchester United 2-0: 6/1 with Bet365 (probable scoreline)
- Manchester United 3-0: 7/1
- Manchester United 2-1: 7/1
- Manchester United 3-1: 10/1 with Bet365 (predicted scoreline)
- Istanbul Basaksehir 1-0: 28/1
- Istanbul Basaksehir 2-1: 33/1