Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor has been charged with assault and criminal mischief by the New York City Police Department (NYPD). It followed an incident of affray on a UFC media day.
The former two-weight UFC champion, 29, was one of a group of males that allegedly vandalised a bus containing rival fighters, the UFC reported.
The Irishman turned himself into police custody at 9 pm local time on Thursday.
NYPD have informed the BBC Sport website that McGregor will be seeing a judge after 7 am (12 pm BST).
The incident occurred at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, the place the UFC had gathered to advertise Saturday's show, headlined by Khabib Nurmagomedov and Max Holloway.
McGregor was with fellow fighter Artem Lobov, who was scheduled to fight featherweight Alex Caceres.
The UFC says McGregor and Lobov – accompanied by large group of more than a “dozen individuals” – attacked the bus.
Footage seems to point out McGregor throwing a trolley on the bus – smashing a window – followed by additional altercations.
The UFC says two fighters had been injured and have been withdrawn from Saturday's undercard.
Lightweight Michael Chiesa acquired a number of facial cuts, whereas flyweight Ray Borg suffered an eye injury.
Lobov has additionally been removed from the fight listings, as a consequence of his alleged involvement.
McGregor, who was overwhelmed by Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match in August 2017, has not fought within the UFC since knocking out Eddie Alvarez in November 2016.
Before Thursday's incident, he was stripped of his UFC light-weight title.